Our safeguarding policy (which you can read in full here) clearly identifies that The Hannah Whitley Foundation provides for the practice of yoga. We are not medically professionally trained to provide support to someone experiencing a mental health (or other) crisis. We must ensure that we adhere to the remit of our role. We must maintain clear boundaries of our role in the provision of yoga. We must signpost beneficiaries.
We signpost to the following :
- For urgent medical advice please call NHS 111 (England)
- Samaritans offer a 24 hours a day, 365 days a year confidential, free helpline.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123
- Mind telephone lines are open 9 am to 6pm Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays
- Mind info line: 0300 123 3393
Useful safeguarding links:
We hope you will find the following links useful.
East Cheshire Hospice provide support services for patients and their families and also have specialist counselling available for children: https://www.eastcheshirehospice.org.uk/patients-families/childrens-services/